Friday, July 6, 2012

Show Us Your Life {Bathrooms}


Over at Kelly's Corner today's SUYL topic is bathrooms.

When I moved in with my fiance last year, this powder room was dark, gloomy and a paint disaster. He had attempted several painting techniques, and as a result of them failing left the room incomplete, even the light switch covers were missing.

I was daunted at first, but decided on a much lighter color, a soft yellow to compliment our collection of African memorabilia.


We found this canvas print, with oil paint texture while accessory shopping. It's large scale adds a focal point to the room.


I know I need to dusk, okay!

Here is our medicine cabinet, it also houses extra toilet rolls [respectively] so guests can see them. Also I've found several African print hand towels.


The cabinet was painted brown before I moved in, as was the granite and back splash, we did all the mill work to add some character.


I found this glass vase, It blends in with the background. Sometimes, when guests are over I put a flameless candle inside, so it has a subtle glow.


Mask...


...and knife.


Here's the view from the hallway and a short, 21 second video.

Excuse my hair, I had it clipped up!!!


Interested to see your bathrooms

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...