Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Back In The Swing Of Things

Good morning, ya'll. Imagine my British accent saying that with a twang!

So, not much has happened since my last post...I cannot even remember where that dinner was, I hope my memory is not fading me.
 
I took a break last week, as I was feeling low, and sluggish. I didn't get much done at all. Except our annual trip to The Country Mercantile. Where I bought some freshly picked red potatoes and mango salsa. The best part is all the ingredients are fresh, and all can easily be read and pronounced.

I dashed back home to quarter the potatoes, added the salsa and baked them for over an hour in the oven. I served the potatoes with sliced avocado and chicken, it was rather delicious, and fresh!

We also tried a new restaurant in town called Twigs. It is the trendiest spot in the Tri-Cities I think! We had happy hour BBQ chicken flat bread, Pork taquitos and creme brulee for dessert. All this talk of food is making me hungry!

We also had a guest puppy, Coco Roo come over for a few days. She was very relaxed compared to our little rebels, but they all got along very well...

...and Coco went home last night after Cory's friend Felicia's birthday dinner at 3 Margaritas! If only I had pictures.

Well I'm off to go make some lunch,


PS this was the last week of Kids Konnection this year. It is a group for children who know someone going through cancer at the Tri-Cities Cancer Center. My second time volunteering with the group.

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...