Friday, June 7, 2013

Bye, Bye Dad and Virginia Beach

It has been a whirlwind past few weeks.
 
 
It all started when my fiance and I were on our way to Virginia Beach, for a few days.
 
 
We arrived to the airport, and got an erroneous amount of phone calls.
 
 
My fiance, Cory answered. It was his brother, who had told him the news that my dad had passed.
 
 
He had been battling cancer for two-and-a-half years, and now was at rest.
 
 
I tried going to the ticket counters inquiring about tickets to Washington State and quickly decided I'd wait until the day after next.
 
 
So I could relax, and reflect before being thrust into taking care of all the arrangements.
 
 
Luckily, Virginia Beach was perfect for relaxing. We went to our B&B, Barclay Cottage, which was a comfortable home away from home and got ready for the beach.
 
 


We had a nice lunch. I had lobster macaroni and Cory had chicken wings at Rock Fish Grill.


Me,


 
and Cory.
 


That night we went for dinner at Terrapin's.


The following day we went to the beach after breakfast at the B&B, and then to Aldo's for dinner.


 
 

 
 
The following day, I left for Washington State after our breakfast at the B&B. We definitely want to come back to Virginia Beach again.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...