Saturday, June 22, 2013

Edison Park Historic District. Fort Myers Day Trip

Yesterday, we went to Fort Myers for a day trip. My fiance had a meeting there, so I came along for the ride. In the spirit of the impeding celebrations for July 4th, I wore my red dress, striped shoes, and brought my over sized purse.  
 

 
We had our lunch at Joe's Crab Shack. It's right on the marina and has a casual atmosphere, with 180 degree water views. We had an excellent view of the marina and our waitress was wonderful. My fiance had the Surf 'n' Turf burger which he loved and I had the crab salad, which was also delicious.



 
We spent some time driving around the Edison and Ford Winter Estate area. Here is a Spanish revival style church, with it's white stucco and terracotta roof tiles.
 

And a home nearby:


The Senior High School:

 
I adored this yellow house. It was situated on a corner lot, and was the perfect yellow color with the metal roof.
 



Amazing detailing on the bridge.



Windscreen shot:

 
An idyllic yellow cottage, with lots of flowers blooming.
 

Hope you enjoyed my little picture tour of the historic Edison Park district. Hope you enjoy my lunch recommendation. Also would love to know if you've been, where should we visit, or eat next time?

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...