Monday, January 23, 2017

Girls Day Out

Good afternoon my dears,

I have a few more pictures from when my mum and sister came to visit. It's been almost two months, so I've enjoyed looking back and reminiscing about the time we shared together.


Monday, November 28th

One of our favorite pastimes is going "antiquing," or "picking" as some would say. While my mother and sister were here I took them to The Depot at Gibson Mill, the largest antique mall in the South.

For a hundred years, the historic plant produced fine American-made bedding until manufacturing went overseas to China and India, and the once proud plant was closed. Today, it has over 600 antique vendors, each with a varying style. Like this Chip and Jojo farmhouse style:



Or this pioneer, or prairie style:


Some vendors also sell vintage dresses, hats, gloves and purses:


Tuesday, November 29th

Every time my mum and sister come we always venture to the South Park Mall. It's fun shopping with my hubby, but you notice things from a different perspective when you shop with your mum and sister. We always like to browse Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, Sur La Table, Anthropology, The Container Store, and The American Girl Doll Store.

We stopped for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, and my mum was surprised shocked at how large the slice of cheesecake was.






Wednesday, November 30th

On the morning before my mum and sister left we reminisced over breakfast before saying,

BON VOYAGE.


Kiki Nakita

You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Bloglovin'

1 comment:

Carla from The River said...

I enjoyed traveling along with you. :-) You have a lovely family.
Carla

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...