Thursday, February 8, 2018

A Few Little January Updates

Good morning my dears,

Here's a few little January updates that I'd like to remember. 


ONE

Earlier this month we traded in one of our his and hers Ford Escapes for a new to us, Mercedes. We had no intention of buying a new to us car, but after power walking around the lot we found this Mercedes E3500 that had only one previous owner, no car facts incidents, low mileage, and a reasonable price. To say my hubby is chuffed is an understatement. 


TWO

We went on a date night to Fahrenheit, for Charlotte Restaurant Week. We had a delightful time, especially with the view of the Charlotte skyline. 

Back in the day, when my hubby and I first met he worked in a lot of foodie related businesses; Savor the Flavor, Taste of Home, as well as doing food photography for a magazine called Taste. We'd get to go on dates, order whatever we wanted, he'd photograph the food, then we'd get to eat. Best of all, we'd receive tip top service as his business partner wrote restaurant reviews. 


THREE

We went to our first appointment at Carolinas Fertility Institute on January 22nd. Since then we've been getting our paperwork notarized and bloodwork done. My AMH (Anti-Mullerian Hormone) testing of ovarian reserve came back at 2.27 which is normal. Yay! 



Hugs, 

Kiki Nakita

You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Bloglovin'

3 comments:

JoAnne said...

Kiki - we conceived our son through IVF and it just so happens that today is his birthday. He is 20 years old today. He will be coming home from school tomorrow for his birthday celebration. I’m sure the IVF process has been perfected even more over the last 20 years so I think you should feel very hopeful. I have no doubt that you and Cory will be amazing parents! I’m sending up many prayers for you!!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Yea, to the car, they are fine automobiles. All the best in your quest for a little one. Blessings abundant!

Sherry said...

Awe, so glad you are keeping us updated on the fertility progress. Many prayers and best wishes are being sent to you! I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store and to see the new house in the coming months. You know we are jealous of the great restaurants you get to enjoy in Charlotte. We never got to experience Fahrenheit before we moved away. *Sniff*
I just love getting great deals on cars. Eddie and I had to trade our van in so we could get two reasonably priced vehicles "for the price of one." We ended up driving to Florida to get both vehicles because they had a ton of barely used low mileage vehicles for really low prices. It was at a dealership in Orlando so I think they get a lot of rental cars from the airport there. It worked out well although I hate dealing with dealerships giving you the typical runaround, adding on fees, and making you wait on them for hours. Carmax is usually easier to deal with, and we had bought our last minivan from them. They just didn't have the two vehicles we needed for the price we needed them this time. :-)

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...