Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Cauliflower Pie Recipe and Watercolored Thanksgiving Menu


Last night I made Cauliflower pie. Here's the recipe:

I used a store bought a pie shell, but you can make your own. Set it out, to thaw out at room temperature. Separate the shells and poke the base with a fork, this helps it get that crispy texture instead of a soggy texture while it bakes.

Pre-heat the oven at 400 degrees.

Use 1 cauliflower head, cut off the stalks and place into a bowl with water. Place in the microwave for 10 minutes. Depending on your microwave setting, it may cook faster or slower. Test a cooled piece to see if it's cooked to your liking.

In a frying pan sauté 1 diced onion, 1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables and 1 diced pepper.

Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl; the cauliflower, the sautéed vegetables and 1 can of cream of broccoli.

Stir well, then place into your pie shell. Add the top pie shell and press the edges. I found that slowly lifting the corners before removing helps it stay on better.

Then decorate. I cut out a heart, which allows steam to get out and pressed the edges with a fork.

Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown. Let it cool down, before serving.

***

I also water colored our Thanksgiving Menu



In the evenings I enjoy watching old movies and water coloring. I have lots of watercolors of my childhood story, memories, recipes and traditions that my husband and mum think I should compile a book. If I do, it would be lovely to pass down to my children one day.

We usually used canned cranberry sauce, but have been looking for recipes to make my own, any suggestions?


Today, I'm linking up with Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday #188
and with Kelly's Corner SUYL Favorite Holiday Recipes

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...