Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Some Days...

Let's start this post off with a little music in the background. I often listen to old movie soundtracks which nostalgically remind me of the way it was.
'Old Town - USA' ~ by Mary Irwin, watercolors
Old Town - USA - by Mary Irwin
This weekend I was reading several articles on the evolution of television families, and found a few articles I want to remember:
 
Today's TV programs leave family values behind (here) or From ‘Full House’ to ‘Modern Family’: Ten shows that forced us to reimagine the American family (here).
 
In another article 10 Reasons Why the 90's Beat the 00's I scrolled through the comments, it seems lots of people reminisce about the way it was or Ten Most Significant Cultural Trends of the Last Decade (here).

If you read the articles, it talks about how over time, the nuclear family has diminished to more socially acceptable family. Then they share the reasons of why things have changed, the two biggest factors being technology-virtual friendships and informality-nobody dresses up anymore.

What decade do you reminisce about? For me it's the 80's and 90's, because that was my childhood when things seemed simpler. So, don't mind me if I watch old movies, and escape from the realities of today.

1 comment:

Decor To Adore said...

Oh the 80's for sure. I think we all treasure the innocent time as children.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...