Monday, December 7, 2015

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree a Downtown Lighting

Friday
 
Every day, around lunchtime my hubby messages me to ask, "what's for dinner?". I look in our fridge and consider the options. This Friday, like clockwork I got the message and responded with one of his favorite, "how about Thai?" 
 
 
Let's just say he liked that suggestion. We went to Thai Taste in downtown Matthews. They serve family style so we usually choose a chicken curry and a sweet and sour stir-fry and share. That way we each get to taste a little bit!
 
Saturday
 
The following morning we had to be up early to visit our RE (infertility doctor) to have my baseline scan. Everything looked good and the nurse called later to say I could start taking my medication, Clomid that evening. My previous two cycles I also took Clomid, so like clockwork I called the pharmacist and requested a refill. Well the lady on the phone said "we're out". I was a little panicked at first, as anyone whose gone through infertility knows everything has to be well timed. After some calling around we thankfully got the prescription filled.
 
 
 
After our appointment we went for brunch at one of our favorites, Flying Biscuit at the Park Road Shopping Center. I got the salmon scramble with a side of sausage gravy and toast. Oh my, it is so good!
 
That evening, after a bike ride we headed to our small town to see the Christmas tree lights switched on by Santa. But first we had dinner at Café 157. I ordered the white wine fettuccini and asked for it to be served with grilled vegetable's.
 

 
After dinner we strolled to see the Christmas tree light up. Lot's of local families gathered and we counted down 5...4...3...2...1.
 

 
They also had a snow machine. Anyone who isn't from around here probably thought we were shooting a Hallmark Christmas movie.
 


The musical accompaniment was a band that played with various drums and even a xylophone. Children were singing along before going on a stroll, mapped out around downtown to see all the lit up and decorated small town buildings.




We also got to see the gingerbread house competition. There were entries from children as well as adults. Some of the designs were so creative!



 
Sunday
 
On Sunday after worship we went to have our Christmas Card pictures taken at  Portrait Inovations in The Promenade Shopping Center. 
 
Afterwards, we went to our lunch reservation at The Gallery, located inside The Ballantyne Hotel. Hubby ordered the eggs benedict and I had the salmon benedict. Both were delicious!
 
 
 

 
When we got home we got ready for the week ahead, and relaxed with a Hallmark Christmas movie. We have so many of them recorded onto our DVR, don't know if we'll be able to watch them all before Christmas.
 
Have a blessed week,
 
~Kiki Nakita ~
 
You can follow me on Instagram, Pinterest or Bloglovin'.
 
 
Linked up to:
Imparting Grace, Grace at Home #183

1 comment:

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I love Thai food!
I am keeping you in prayer. Our son, Sweet Guy, is an IVF miracle baby. I would love to see a babe in your arms this time next year!
May all the joys of the season be yours.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...