Friday, September 9, 2016

Lot's Of Updates From My Summer Blogging Break


Don't worry, I haven't forgotten my little blog. I've just been busy doing life, but I think it's time I catch you up.


Infertility/Adoption
May 2014 - Present

For those of you who've followed our story (1) (2), we have been trying to start a family since about our tenth month of marriage. We have persevered 3 medicated IUI's, countless tests, and have been diagnosed "unexplained".

Earlier this year, we started looking into adoption (1), and contemplated between adoption from foster care, or international adoption - from Poland. We went straight from learning everything about infertility, to learning everything about adoption.

Perhaps it's my age, but I frequently get asked, "do you have children?"

I oftentimes respond, "no, but we've been trying."

Oftentimes they respond, "well, then just adopt".

To which I smile, and then change the conversation.

Trust me, infertility and adoption is not easy. It's a very emotional process that can consume you.

Our adoption was estimated to take over 3 years. We paused the process after 8 months and $26,000.

So, after many prayers, and lot's of long talks, we felt led to just let go, and let God. Let's see what He has in store for us, and if that means being childless, I'm learning more, and more everyday to accept that and it's brought me peace.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

I loved this article entitled: "What If You Can't Have A Baby?" from the blog A Cup Of Jo.  



Cara
February 10th, 1998 - August 4th, 2016

Our beloved childhood cat, Cara, sadly passed away. She was doted on, and loved so, so much. My mum, sister and I will always remember her fondly. They have looked at getting another cat, but are going to wait until they get back from Thanksgiving break with us.



In happier news (yay!)

Graylands

January 18th, 2007 - August 31st, 2016

This summer, we put our first home sweet home, Graylands, on the market and it sold and closed in less than 6 weeks.


We created a lot of memories there, but after moving to the South in 2013, we rented the home out to two young families who have gone on to buy their first home sweet homes, so it was time to say goodbye.



Is it fate?

As I was looking through old family photos, I found these from the summer of 2001. That summer my Granny, younger sister, and God brother visited my dad in the States for a summer vacation. My dad was an avionics engineer and that summer arranged for us to go up in a "puddle jumper" over Tri-Cities, Washington.

I was fifteen at the time and got a digital camera around the same time. Even though I had a digital camera in hand, back in my teen years we only took a few snaps of the experience. Anyways as fate would have it I took a picture of a golf course community called Horn Rapids.


My future husband would move to the Tri-Cities with his parents the following year, and a few years later he bought a new built home exactly in one of the handful of snapshots I took many years before.




And lastly...

Our offer got accepted on acres of land, close by to our home in the Carolinas.


Eventually we plan to build a farmhouse and we're really, really excited. Please keep your fingers (and toes) crossed for us.


P.S I'll soon be posting about our Labor Day weekend away in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Hope you had a lovely summer.

Hugs to you all.
Kiki Nakita

You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Bloglovin'

2 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, Kiki, I so feel your heartbreak of wanting a child and thus far, being unable to conceive. Our son and his wife walked this same journey and ended up adopting (a domestic adoption) a precious baby girl at birth in Oct. 2009. Then in Feb. 2015 our DIL gave birth to another girl. They were stunned with surprise as our DIL wasn't suppose to be able to get pregnant. But, God had other plans and it all happened in His timing. Blessings to you!

Carla from The River said...

So happy for the update.
Praying for you...how exciting to have your very own land. :-)
Carla

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...