Thursday, June 12, 2014

Victoria Sponge Cake Recipe

Ever since I was a little girl, I've had a sweet tooth. My mum would bake cakes, oftentimes a Victoria sponge cake after we'd spent the day picking strawberries and we'd slice them and fill the cakes with clotted cream and strawberries.
Victoria Sponge Cake Recipe Kitchen Art Print ( I should start doing ArT Prints too!)
I found this darling drawing (it was on Etsy, but no longer available), which shows how simple it is to make a Victoria sponge cake. There are also variations that are easy to make.
 
You can make mini sponge cakes with strawberry preserves.
Mini Victoria Sponge Cakes recipe - From Lakeland. Small enough not to feel guilty!
Or mini sponge cakes with lemon curd.
 
Mini Lemon Curd Sponge Cakes  recipe - From Lakeland
All of which would be lovely with a pot of tea. I hope you enjoy this simple recipe, that you could make for someone you know with a sweet tooth.
 
You can follow my delicious recipes, or tea party ideas on Pinterest.
 
Linked up to:
Imparting Grace #108

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...