Wednesday, July 9, 2014

My Life In The Movies

 
This is my first time doing hodgepodge, here goes...
 
1. July is National Anti-Boredom Month. When was the last time you were bored? What's your go-to cure for boredom?
 
The past few days have been a little more boring than usual as I've been sick. I can't tell if it's from communion or from spending much more time in public places at the end of last week. Either way I've been cooped up watching Hallmark channel movies. I'm starting to feel a little better and should be back to myself in another day-or-so.
 
2. What's the last thing you made a reservation for?

The last 'big thing' was our tickets to England for the month of May.
 
It was my hubby's first time to see where I grew up and we had a wonderful time catching up with  family and my friends from high school .

3. What's one thing on your summer bucket list? Any plans to make it happen?

We already did a trip to Myrtle Beach (luckily before Arthur) which we were excited to do. We're going on a dinner cruise on Lake Norman on our first anniversary and to Pinehurst. Lastly, we have plans to visit Lake Palmetto to see the Southern Living home of the year. Yay!
 
 
4. What's your favorite summertime sip?

Sweet tea most of the time, or a rare glass of chilled beer on a hot summers day

5. What do you find is the best way to handle another person's hostility and hopefully ease the tension?

I wish I knew!

I've come to realize everyone justifies in their own minds, some people just so happen to 'get you' while others never will.
 
6. Your favorite film set in summer?

I also like The Parent Trap! Because my life mirrored the movie.
 
Seriously!
 
My parents were both from European families that were expats to Southern Africa. They met when my mom was fourteen and my dad was seventeen as their best friends were brother and sister. They were later married, and had my sister and I.
 
Southern Africa became unsafe during the apartheid, so when I was eight my mom, sister and I moved to England to escape the wrath on white farmers (we had 22 acres, unfarmed in centurion, and my mom narrowly escaped death).While my dad stayed, as he owned an aviation company.
 
Later, my dad moved to the US and from the age of fourteen my sister and I visited ever summer. So, when the move came out, Lindsey Lohan was my age (okay a week younger than me), and her mom lived in England and her dad in the US. Talk about making your life into a movie!
 
Other than that I'm a gush with anything with Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan, Steve Martin or Diane Keaton!
 
7. What's a word you're using too much of lately.

"Why?"  Why, I don't know. That's what happens when your re-modeling your home, I guess.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
 
Have you heard these precious girls Lennon and Maisy?
 

 
Such an amazing gift to be able to sing like that.
 
Off to have a sweet tea...
 
that was fun, till next time!

2 comments:

Cwtch Cardiff said...

Wow, those girls are amazing! Thanks for sharing. X

Joyce said...

Welcome to the Hodgepodge! I'm envious of your whole month in England. And, I'm a big fan of the Stella sisters-they're fabulous!

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...