Sunday, July 13, 2014

Trip To England Part Eight: Warwick Castle

This is the last post from my trip to England in May, and it's from my birthday. Here goes...
 
My hubby arrived a day or so before my birthday and unbeknownst to me, he knew that my sister had planned a surprise birthday dinner for me, on the eve of my birthday with all my old high school friends. My Mum was also there (taking the picture).
 
 
 
On my birthday morning I got a slice of white chocolate cake, and a merry happy birthday to you sung to me.
 
 
Later that day we went to the medieval Warwick Castle.
 
 
The Castle dates back to 1068.
 
 
The medieval castle is protected by a moat.
 
 
Here's Cory seated below King Henry VIII and Richard III.
 
 
The state dining room.
 
 
The ladies in the parlor. The dresses are so intricate, I think I'd like to be a lady who takes tea in the parlor.
 
 
We climbed to the top of the mound...
 
 
...and saw this panoramic view.
 
 
Cory with a panoramic view of Warwick behind him.
 
 
We watched a play fight with the Earl of Warwick.
 
 
This is the site where Merlin is filmed.
 
 
Beautiful Warwick Castle.
 
 
Afterwards, we went for a scrumptious dinner at The Saxon Mill and showed Cory the haunted Guy's Cliff.
 
 
Guy's Cliff.
 
 
Me, My Sister, Mum.
 
 
Me and Cory.
 
 
It was a lovely way to celebrate my birthday.

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...