Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The art of laundry

The last two days I’ve been catching up on my Mount Kilimanjaro of laundry, once completed I feel as if I’ve walked up the mountain and consider a lifetime of disposable clothing, is that even an option? Well perhaps for celebrities, who wear their designer duds once, have it dry cleaned wear it another time, and donate it to charity.

Unfortunately for me though, I don’t have that luxury, and ever since my ex and I broke up, I’m back to doing my own laundry. Now I must say, all this negativity is because I use none other than a coin operated laundry center on site.

Firstly, I gather my laundry, then ensure I have enough quarters, I collect them in a piggy bank, and then I gather my laundry soap as well as the key to the laundry room.

Upon arrival, usually at an unusual hour, so that there is a machine free, I put my laundry in, and walk back…keeping an eye on the time.

Then upon my return I take more quarters, the dryer sheets and hope to remember my key. Back to keeping an eye on the time.

Once my laundry is done, the thought of folding it, uh, doesn’t occur until the following day. Ever the neat freak, but when it comes to laundry I let it be. But tonight, I watched Anthea Turner’s you tube video, from a series called ‘The Perfect Housewife’ and after doing so I promptly folded my laundry, see.
You will just adore her linen closet, everything is folded to perfection, and the t-shirt folding technique works, I know because I tried it, now go along, go climb that Mount Kilimanjaro.



1 comment:

Nadia Marie said...

Laundry! I love this post! I also posted about laundry in my wordpress blog! Check the link out so you can see how I too placed my folded clothing on a chair! LOL:http://venenadia28.wordpress.com/2010/01/26/simplicity/, the only difference is that I do not have to pay to do my laundry at present but believe me, I know how that feels too! That video was awesome! Cheers!

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...