Monday, January 23, 2012

We live on percentages


We are by no means wealthy, yet.

When I moved into the household almost 8 months ago, I evaluated mine and my boyfriends finances. At first we had separate accounts and spent here and there, until the day I opened his unopened envelopes.

He was in some debt, but was never going to get out of it because he was borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. So, I took matters in my own hands and with a simple calender wrote everything we owed down.

Now only 3 months later we have everything finally taking off. We have money in savings and in our holiday account.

Here is a pie chart showing how we divide our money:

50% household {any household bills inc. car payment}
10% savings     {used in emergencies or for our home projects}
10% vacation   {we shop for the cheapest times to travel online and use this account well travelling}
10% food         {we withdraw the cash and keep it in a mason jar}
10% cars          {used for gas, oil changes and car repair}
10% spending  {we split this, we each only get to spend 5% of each paycheck}

If we can do it, anyone can.

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...