Saturday, August 5, 2017

Twelve Things About Me


One

I was born in Germiston, South Africa and spent the first eight years of my life living on a twenty-two acre farm out in the middle of nowhere, now known as Centurion.

Two

I am the oldest grandchild, which means there's many baby pictures of me.

Three

Due to political unrest in South Africa in the 90's my mum, sister and I moved to an idyllic village in the  of England. My dad stayed in South Africa as he was a founder, and president of both an airline, and an avionics company.

Four

I attended a Catholic Convent called Saint Ursula's when I first started school. I had an hour long coach ride each way, but it was deemed safe during the political unrest.

Five

I've always looked up to both Catholic, and Anglican nuns. One of my favorite nuns was our coach driver. We'd sit up front with her as we'd sing and chat about our day at school, which made that hour long journey somehow not seem so long.

Six

I was on student council in high school, as well as one of five kids from my county to represent our school at the Warwickshire county council meetings.

Seven

At the age of eighteen I moved to the US to attend college. My dad's company had expanded to the US, and Australia by this point so he offered to pay my tuition for me. I graduated with my AAS in Interior Design from SFCC in 2007, and my BFA in Interior Design from Marylhurst University in 2010.

Eight

I met my hubby, Cory, ten days after I graduated from college. Our first date was at Labor Day picnic in Columbia Point Park in Richland, WA.

Nine

Eight weeks after my granny passed away my dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. My role for two-and-a-half years became caretaker, taking him to see his oncologist, radiologist, and sit with him as he received day-long chemotherapy treatments and weekly hospital visits. Sadly, he passed away the week before I turned twenty-seven.

Ten

I'm a historic preservation, and genealogy nerd. I have traced back our family history to the late 17th century. We have a pedigree tree wall display, and I'm putting together heritage scrapbooks of all the stories, documents, newspaper clippings, and photos that I've found, or inherited.

Eleven

I love all things Susan Branch. I've collected almost all of her books and got to meet her last summer.

Twelve

I love movies from the 80's and 90's. Especially Father Of The Bride I and II, Sleepless In Seattle, When Harry Met Sally , You've Got Mail, European Vacation, Funny Farm, Steel Magnolias, Beethoven, Baby Boom, Not Without My Daughter (the book for this movie is really good too) , Mrs. Doubtfire, Beaches, My Girl, Home Alone etc.


So now you know twelve things about me. I'd like to know twelve things about you, too!

~Kiki Nakita ~
You can follow me on Instagram, Pinterest or Bloglovin'.



2 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What an interesting life you have had. You might should write a book. :o)) So, so sorry about your Dad and your loss at such a young age. Blessings!

Sherry said...

I absolutely love this, Kiki! I have been so behind on my blog and blog reading lately so I love catching up on yours. I am also loving perusing your Instagram, and every picture just makes me gasp and smile. You know I love NC, but I also love your other travels. Maybe one day you can visit Savannah, GA and we can sit and talk and drink tea. It will be so lovely! You are such a fun person and have lived a very interesting life. I think we do have a lot in common with our love of history and documenting life, and I long to visit the places you have explored. ❤

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...