Tuesday, November 7, 2017

5 Questions And Pinehurst, North Carolina

Good morning my dears, how are you today?


Five Questions

Where do you get your news?

For many years I would read the daily news online. Eventually, the days news stories would creep into my nightmares and affect my sleep. Nowadays, I don't intentionally read the news, I know it may seem ignorant, but it really is bliss. Whenever I go onto social media I usually find out what the event of the week day is, and take a moment to pray

Where do you get most of the decorations for your home?

Since we are eight weeks into building our dream home,  I have been a busy bee planning out the interior design and decoration. For those who may not know, I graduated from design school which has helped me gain an eye for both style and function.

So far the majority of our home furnishings and décor are from Soft Surroundings, Home goods, Pier One, Kirklands, Value City Furniture, and Haverty's. 

What are you interested in that most people aren't?

For as long as I can remember I've always been interested in how other people live. I like hearing about someone's else's day-to-day routine. Maybe that's why I read blogs and watch vlogs.

What problem are you currently grappling with?

Those who've followed my blog for awhile know we've had unexplained infertility for a few years now. We took a year or so break and got distracted with buying land, and building a farmhouse, but are starting to think about and plan on our next steps. We've also had a lot of problems with family who think we're the only infertile people in this world, and show little to no empathy or support. 

If you were moving to another country, but could only pack one carry-on sized bag, what would you pack? 

My list may have changed a little, but I did just that in 2005. I moved to the US to attend college with two suitcases and sixty dollars. I still have my original packing list and it was one page long. 

Now you know a little more about me, maybe too much. 


We have been doing well in our little corner of the world. Building a home so far has made us feel extremely grateful for God provision, and humbled that we get to dream, design, and build a home to create memories. 

Last weekend we went on a day trip to Pinehurst, NC. We had high tea at Lady Bedford's, shopped for books at the Given Book Shop, and crushed on all the cute cottages in the neighborhood. It's also where we celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary a few years ago.







We've also had a lot of progress on our farmhouse. Last weekend, they finished the framing and we were able to see our plans come to life. With the time change, it makes it harder for us to see the weekday progress in daylight, so we've been going every weekend, which never fails to build suspense!




Our video diary


Hugs from me to you.

Kiki Nakita

You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Bloglovin'

2 comments:

Carla from The River said...

Hello,
What a lovely home. So excited for you. I hear you about the lack of daylight. No fun! Our projects have slowed way down too. Thank you for the update.
xx oo
Carla

Sherry said...

I love this! My heart aches with you for the struggles you have gone through to start a family. While we don't yet understand the why of our struggles, I can say God can definitely create families in the most amazing and unique ways. This is coming from an adopted child who was older when adopted with her older brother after living in a group home. I hate that you too don't get a lot of family empathy and support, but I am glad you know God loves and cares for you especially. What a blessing to get to watch your dreams of homebuilding come true! And my husband is from the small town of Rockingham close to Pinehurst. We have driven through but never spent much time there. I did develop a love of golf courses when we lived in Charlotte and attended the Quail Hollow golf tournaments. I really miss that part of Charlotte. We do pass through and spend time in Southern Pines when we visit family. 😊

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...