Monday, February 25, 2019

Library Tour and Project

Good afternoon my dears.

Welcome to our library. Its one of my favorite places to curl up with a cup of Earl Grey tea, a magazine, a book, or a family photo album. Its also one of the first two rooms you see when you come in the entryway, so its also a great place to chat with neighbors and visitors who stop by unannounced. Please have a seat, I'll go put the kettle on, what kind of tea would you like?



Our library is where I keep all my magazine subscriptions, and as you can see I have many issues. I stopped subscribing a few years ago, in favor of browsing with my chai tea latte in Barnes & Noble, but I couldn't part with these. I rotate them seasonally, so that all the current seasons issues are on display and ready for me to page through. My favorites being Victoria, Southern Lady, Romantic Homes, and Tea Time (not pictured). I also have a few vintage Christmas magazines that were my Granny Veronika's that always remind me of her. Do you have magazine subscriptions? If so, how do you organize your collection?


On the bookshelf, is this souvenir my Nana Mabel gave to me. She retired from Rolls-Royce at University of Warwick in 1999. My Mum attended her retirement party where they gifted her a flight experience at a local air field. My Nana always had wings, she always traveled, and one of her favorite travels was to China. She walked the Great Wall of China at nearly 70. On that journey she bought souvenirs for all of us. This was mine, a hand painted from the inside globe which came with a wooden stand and this darling fabric covered box. It sits in our library, and whenever I open it up I'm reminded to step outside the box and spread my wings.


Now I'd like to share a recent project we recently finished, the painting of our mantel.

- Before -



- During -
We used a drop cloth, 2 sponge brushes, and some color matched, semi gloss paint.


- After- 


- Video -

Here's a tour of our library, including a peek at our built in bookshelves, books, mementos, and project.


Have you done any home improvement projects recently?

-Kiki Nakita-

You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Bloglovin' or YouTube

1 comment:

Carla from The River said...

Lovely!
Yes, I recently cleaned the closets in our bathroom and re did our bathroom. I organized and hung new art as well.

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...