Monday, August 12, 2013

Second Ever Menu Monday

Today, I'm linking up with Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
 
Lately, I've not been doing so well with menu planning, my mind has just been so consumed with other things. But on a whim, I have been getting back into my Menu Monday routine.
 
On Mondays, I print out the weeks menu planner, and write down meals that would fit in and around our weeks schedule. I take some time on my delicious Pinterest board, to see if I've pinned any new recipe ideas, that I'd like to try for the week also.
 
I found this planner to be useful.
free meal planning printable
Then I compile my grocery list {here's the one I used} from my meal planner, taking into account what we already may have. During this process, I clean out the fridge of anything that has perished.

 
Here are this weeks dinners

***
 
Monday
 
Taco Salad
Lettuce, minced beef in taco seasoning, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream. We've also added black eyed peas in the past.
 
Tuesday

We're going to the beach, so we'll get Chic-Fil-A for lunch
 
Chicken Kabobs with green peppers over a wild rice.
 
Wednesday
 
Lunch at Panera and then a movie date to see Meet the Millers
 
Thursday
 
I'm going to try the Asparagus tart recipe for the first time

and make my Strawberry pie recipe.
 
Friday
 
 Baked potatoes with sour cream and bacon bits served with creamy tomato soup
 
Saturday

Broccoli soup
 Cream of broccoli, and cream of celery, water, on one stove top. On the other suttee broccoli, onion, garlic and carrots. Mix together and serve.
Broccoli lovers need only apply.
 
Sunday
 
Roast Pork with Rosemary and gravy
 
Side dishes: roasted baby potatoes, asparagus, and oven baked broccoli bake

***
 

1 comment:

Jane said...

I am always mesmerized by the idea of actually planning menus. I used to do this when my kids were younger and I stayed home. However, I didn't have all the resources online now available - I just wrote out a simple plan and made a grocery list in a spiral notebook. And now? Well, as empty nesters, with crazy work hours, it is usually only a couple of times a week we actually have time to sit down and eat at the same time. I really need to make more effort, though, because we eat out way too much and throw away tons of stuff that gets lost in the fridge! I envy how you've been able to get a grasp on the situation and get organized!

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...