Friday, January 17, 2014

Pork Roast with Mango Salsa

I bought a pre-marinated mesquite BBQ pork roast from Harris Teeter for dinner last night. I started by cutting it in half, as it's a big enough portion for the two of us and I always put the other half in a refrigerator safe container.

Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.

In a glass cooking dish drizzle a little olive oil on the bottom then add the roast. I added some baby potatoes also, enough for the two of us.

Then put it in the oven to bake for 40 minutes, before taking it out, turning it over so it cooks evenly and adding one tablespoon of butter. This adds some flavor to the roast. Also move around the potatoes.

Bake for a further 40 minutes or depending on the size of your roast. If you have a cooking thermometer the USDA suggests a 145 degrees, but I prefer it at 160 degrees. As I like it well done.

allow to cool for 3 minutes before slicing, and serve with a mango salsa.





No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...