Friday, March 21, 2014

Collecting Memories

In my teens and early twenties I studied interior design. The classes were strongly focused on  modern, cutting edge and funky designs. I'm more of an old soul. To say it was the most uncertain time in my life, is an understatement. 
 
Around the same time I lost all my grandparents and my dad. Mortality made me look at life in a different way.
When we pass on, the only thing we leave behind of worth is our memories. Spend time with your family, and make it a good one.
Life and years later, my interest in preservation, genealogy and history has grown.  Every day is a blessing, because I cultivate who I am. Someone who likes to trace her roots, focus on her family, on preserving her community and her soul.
 
Although I can't sell memories, I can collect them.
'When time permits, we take it down and think of days long past. Our hopes, our dreams, our heritage, all safe and made to last.' ~ This is the true reason we craft our heritage scrapbooks...to celebrate our past and hold on to precious family memories for the future!
There are several projects on my table, that I'm making at home:
 
One is a project life binder of all mine, and my husbands childhood photos. We scanned in all our parents' copies and re-printed them. 

The second is a water colored inspirational journal of my story that I hope to one day give to my children as a keepsake.
 
Lastly, my husband and I are working on our genealogy. We hope to make a chart and put together a book of all the censuses, records, honors, pictures etc. That will keep us busy for sometime!
 
Maybe one day I could open up an Etsy store and sell some of the things I've made (genealogy charts, family recipe cards)? Or volunteer to do a community class? Or do speaking about the importance of learning your family history? I'd love suggestions.

Linked up to:
Imparting Grace #98
 

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...