Saturday, March 1, 2014

Spring Teaser

 
Oh, what a beautiful spring teaser day.
shades of #violet ...
We had a really nice morning. I slept in a little, then we went for breakfast at Cracker Barrel which is almost always a little busier on the weekends, but we enjoy sharing a breakfast, and having a chat over coffee.
 
Afterwards, we went for a stroll through old town Matthews to the library. We were both surprised how may people like to spend their Saturday afternoon at the library, just perusing books, reading or studying.
 







 
At home, I sat outside in the sunshine while the dogs ran around for a little while. The birds were singing, and the leaves were swaying and I felt like doing a quick watercolor sketch, of our daffodils. It made me think about how much I appreciate floral gardens. Maybe it's because I grew up in an English country village, where roses and lavender abound with hints of wildflowers in the horse meadows.
 
Well, my coffee break is done for now, it's a part of my day to catch up with my blog and to read others, but I best be useful and help my husband with some house projects. Here's a good quote for today...
 
libraries
We'll be sure to get a membership there soon!

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...