Tuesday, October 21, 2014

As the Season Turns, We Stay Rooted


 
1. Elizabeth Lawrence is quoted as saying, 'Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn." So have you done just that? And what did you leave undone in order to do so?
 
Our family history. About a year or two ago my hubby and I got interested in knowing more about our ancestors. Perhaps it was spurred on after a four year period in which I lost three grandparents and my dad.
 

I have a binder with all the varying family trees, but as a thinker, I also like to know everything about each couple and their story. It has brought me great friendship on some genealogy groups, who are all pleasant, and helpful. But is still undone, and my life and legacy has to go on in the meantime.
 
2. Since we're talking turning...what's one thing you feel you're doing 'every time you turn around'?
 
Thinking about our remodel. In February we bought a thirty year old colonial. We chose this home because it was in a good neighborhood, had a pool, and we could buy it outright without a mortgage. Although it had been loved on at one time, it needed a complete update.

But, luckily, I'm an interior designer, and I've been studying and practicing design for almost a decade and my hubby is also a creative so he understands my visions and helps make them happen.

3. How hard is it for you to 'turn the other cheek?'
 
If your a people pleaser like me, you probably resonate with me. I oftentimes turn the other cheek. At times, I wish one or two people in our family were more encouragers, instead of know it all's with critical spirits.
 
4. When did you last turn a drawer, your car, a room, or your entire house upside down looking for something? Did you find it?
 
Not in a long time. I have a visual memory, and can usually picture where something is.

5. 'One good turn deserves another'...were you most recently on the giving or receiving end of that sentiment?

Every day I'm on the receiving end of kind thoughts from my hubby, and I do my best to give back gratitude and encouragement.

6. Red, yellow, and orange are the colors of fall. Also the colors of fruit. If you were permitted only one color of fruit in your diet, which would you choose? This question isn't as easy as it sounds, at least not for me.

Red. I've always loved berry colors and tastes more than citrus colors and tastes.

7. The Hunt for Red October, October Sky, Halloween...which 'October' film is your favorite?

I haven't seen any of these. October Sky looks more like something I'd watch.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I saw this on Pinterest today, and it melt my heart. I do feel home sweet home in the Carolinas.

a love letter to North Carolina

1 comment:

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Loved this Kiki, that letter to N. Carolina was so sweet. I've visited there and it was a gorgeous place!
hugs,
Jann

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...