Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Staying Warm and Cozy

The weather has started to cool down in the Carolinas. I've been staying warm and cozy indoors, with a cracking fire and my warm fuzzy socks on. Despite our cooler temperatures, I'm grateful we're not as snowed under as several other parts of the country.
 
We've been living here for about eight months now, so we're still exploring the different neighborhoods, and mostly know our way around the Southside. This video tour, and my countless pins of places to go on Pinterest make me excited for it to warm up again so we can go out and explore.
 
Susan Branch

Last night, we had a delicious dinner at Maggiano's Little Italy (an Italian restaurant). We actually sat at that very table and shared the special dinner for two. We had a really nice time catching up on the day.


Also last Sunday I tested a new recipe, that I created myself;
 
Tomato and Cilantro Frittata Recipe

6 eggs whisked
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
2 diced tomatoes
1 cup of cilantro (stalks removed)
1/2 diced yellow onion
5 rashes of crispy bacon
 
Serves 2-4
 
In the oven broil/grill your bacon on 425 for 15-20 minutes until lightly crispy. While that's in the oven whisk together the eggs, pepper, cilantro, onion and tomatoes.

Remove the bacon and place on paper towel and dab until dry, slice finely and add to the mixture. Bake mixture on 425 for 25 minutes until golden brown.
 
Make sure that the egg is well cooked and no longer raw.
 
If you have a breakfast recipe, please share it with me.
Susan Branch
Have a good rest of the week.

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...