Monday, May 13, 2013

Strawberry Pie, Lemonade and a Picnic by the Pond

Summer is so near, I can feel it.
 
Today, I made a Strawberry Pie.
 
 
I found a recipe on Pinterest
 
Strawberry Pie Recipe:
 
Mine made 2 pies 8-12 servings. 
 
***
3 Tablespoons of cornstarch (I used Laura Lynn)

1 1/2 cups sugar (I used brown sugar)

1 1/2 cups water

3 oz box strawberry Jell-O
  
2 cups sliced strawberries (I used a punnet for each shell casing. Much healthier)

Pre-bake a 10" pie shell (I baked 2 pre-made ones...10-15 mins on 400)
***

Line bottom with the sliced strawberries

Combine cornstarch, sugar and water in small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add the Jell-O and stir until dissolved. Pour over the strawberries and refrigerate until set.
***
 

We had a picnic! Fresh lemonade with lemon slices and some mango juice.










 
My fiance hand picked the flowers for me. Sweet.
 
We've been staying in a Tennessee mountain cabin on 81/2 acres, it's day's like this one that makes me appreciate the simple life.
 
I'm linking up with


1 comment:

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh my, lemonade and strawberry pie. It doesn't get much better than that! Especially by the lake. Sweet fiancé looks like he knows the way to a girls heart. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
hugs,
Jann

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...