Sunday, October 18, 2015

The Story Of The Marriage Certificate


Two months ago, I was wandering through an antique store when I found this lovely marriage certificate. Its so intricate and has photos of the newly married couple. Their names are Samuel Powell and Ollie Ross. Married on December 24th, 1890 in Kansas City, MO.

Thanks to my genealogy group, we found the family it belongs to. I called the funeral home, and they called me back to ask if they could give the family my number. I said yes, of course!

A few minutes later, I got a call from a Samuel Powell in Spartanburg, SC. He is the great-grandson of Samuel and Ollie Powell. His aunt, Shirley is still alive but in her 90's, and living in a care home as she has Alzheimer's. His brother George lives with his wife Amy in Wilmington, NC and together none of them have any children or descendants, so this is the end of their line.

I mailed him everything I found along the search, and added the photos to FAG.

So the mystery of the missing marriage certificate got solved, and Samuel was gracious and appreciative. That's my RAOK for now.




Samuel Powell
1863-1917




 
~Kiki Nakita ~
 
You can follow me on Instagram, Pinterest or Bloglovin'.

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...